Saturday, February 6, 2016

Saturday Sandwich 91: Bratwurst

German Bratwurst this week which should be a popular one with Leigh and Erin, they love hot dogs usually. In German brat means chopped meat and wurst means sausage. There are apparently over 50 varieties of bratwurst to try. We were happy to find some in Asda after looking in a few other places first.

Erin was in charge of making them so she opted for cooking the bratwurst in the oven. I usually have a combo of tomato ketchup and mustard on my hot dog but this recipe insists that only mustard is the best.

Ingredients: Bratwurst, bread buns and mustard.

Bake, grill or fry your wurst, enclose in a bread bun and serve with mustard.




I have to admit that they're right, mustard on it's own is far more delicious topping for hot dogs. I really liked the thick skin on the bratwurst (probably from oven baking them) but that was something Leigh didn't like about them. They were tasty sausages for a hot dog though and we all enjoyed them. There was a small debate about whether a hot dog is a sandwich, JD isn't convinced since he thinks a sandwich must have two separate pieces of bread to make it a sandwich. I disagreed but I feel like we've had so many different sandwiches now that I can't define them any more. It isn't a debate unless someone disagrees anyway so I'm sticking with it. :D

Ratings: JD - 3, Emma - 4, Leigh -3, Erin -3

Next Saturday - Pork Belly Mantou

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button