Thursday, September 24, 2015

Lovesick? or Actually Sick?

I feel worried for young people these days. Song lyrics have always exaggerated the symptoms of love and  in the 1950s Peggy Lee claimed love gave her a Fever. Fever when you kiss me, fever all through the night - pretty bad if you don't realise you could actually have Glandular fever which lasts 2-3 weeks.

Nowadays songs have a host of dangerous symptoms misleading our youth. Olly Murs is encouraging kids to ignore arrhythmia with Heart Skips A Beat and  Kelly Clarkson thinks it's clever to make light of Stroke symptoms in Heartbeat Song with the lyrics "I've got pins and needles on my tongue anticipating what's to come". Disgusting!

As if that wasn't bad enough now there's a song called Can't Feel My Face by The Weeknd  instigating teenagers everywhere to expect face numbness when they're with someone they feel attracted to. In actual fact it's a symptom for multiple sclerosis and needs to be taken quite seriously. I like a catchy song lyric as much as the next person but won't somebody please think of the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button