Saturday, December 27, 2014

Saturday Sandwich 39: Christmas Sandwich

I wasn't going to do a sandwich this week but apparently the book has this Christmas leftover sandwich and on Boxing Day we were having that anyway :D

It's a vague recipe just using whatever you have left after Christmas dinner.  We had chicken, stuffing, sprouts and bread sauce. Then added sliced pickled onions and some cheese as suggested by the recipe.


 Butter some bread. One of my favourite things at Christmas is just chicken or turkey in bread and butter with a sprinkling of salt, yum!


 Add all your leftovers.


 Top with some cheese.



 Look at that awesome sprout cross-section.



We had ours with leftover broccoli casserole (which is one of the best food ideas JD brought with him from America in my opinion and a firm Christmas favourite now).

It was great as expected! The pickled onion was an interesting addition to my usual leftover sandwich but I liked it. We both very much enjoyed this sandwich and that's all there is to say about it. I know that because I've been sat with this page open for 20 minutes trying to think of something to say :D

Ratings: JD - 3, Emma - 3

P.S. Yes we have chicken for Christmas dinner instead of turkey. I realise this goes against tradition but we just like chicken more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button