Saturday, December 6, 2014

Saturday Sandwich 36: Ploughman's Sandwich

I don't want to sound like the Hairy Bikers (especially since my Dad says I look like one of them) but Ooh I love a Ploughman's. It used to always be my pub food of choice whenever I got the chance to have one. I haven't had one for years though. A Ploughman's Lunch usually consists of bread, ham, cheese, pickle, apple and if you're lucky a bit of pork pie too.

Now to experience it all in sandwich form! :)

Ingredients: bread, ham, cheese, apple, sandwich pickle, mayo, spring onions and lettuce.


 Aw yeah, the best bit. Branston pickle on one slice of bread and mayo on the other.


 Layer up the sandwich with ham and cheese slices then add a layer of finely sliced apple.


 Next some chopped spring onions.


 Finish off with lettuce.


Serve with some pickled onions.

The best thing about this sandwich was JD's face when he bit into a pickled onion. He's had them before but only the sweeter silverskin ones and these were really strong. The sandwich was good and had lots of my favourite sandwich components in it. The Branston pickle was the strongest taste and had a nice chunky texture too. The apple didn't add much and I felt actual onion instead of spring onions would've been better.  It was a nice sandwich though and we both enjoyed it.

Ratings: JD - 2, Emma - 3

Coming up next Saturday - Confit Duck Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button