Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday Sandwich 5 - Pastrami on Rye

I'm looking forward to this sandwich. I love pastrami but I've never had it on rye bread. It sounds like a really American sandwich to me, the kind you hear shouted out in a new York Deli. :D

Ingredients: rye bread, pastrami, mustard and gherkins/pickles.



Spread mustard on the bread and then add the pastrami. I love how the pastrami fits the rye bread perfectly. Things like that make me happy inside. ^_^ The book said to have pickles on the side but we had gherkin slices in the sandwiches.


They were fantastic! I really enjoyed this sandwich. The rye bread was really grainy and dense but very flavourful. It felt like a healthy sandwich with no butter and mustard instead. Mustard and pastrami is such a great combination, I love how they taste together.

JD wasn't as keen on the Rye bread as me, describing the bread as more like a slice of pressed nuts. It was actually like eating a layer of solid rice or something similar.  He did enjoy the pastrami and mustard though.

Ratings: JD - 2/5 Emma - 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button