Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sandwich Saturday 3 - Falafel Pita Bread

Another sandwich, this time Falafel in pitta breads. We've never made this sandwich before and have only eaten Falafel in a prepacked wrap. We got a box of Falafel mix to make it easier.


 Make up the Falafel mix using cold water and leave to thicken.


 The tahini sauce for this sandwich is made up of tahini, yoghurt and lemon juice. You also need some sliced cabbage to fill up the pitta.


 Make the Falafel mix into balls and fry them in oil until browned. I should have taken my own advice here but I got distracted and ended up with a few semi black Falafel instead :D



Ingredients: Falafel mix, pitta breads, sliced cabbage, 1 tbls lemon juice, 1 tbls tahini and 2 tbls of yoghurt.

The Falafel pittas were nice but making anything in a pitta is always a bit annoying. Maybe it's just me but the pitta bread never opens up properly to fit stuff inside. The recipe said to cut them in half which made them too shallow and they split easily. The sauce is delicious with the Falafel though and the crunchy cabbage goes well with the creamy sauce. I wouldn't count it in with my favourite sandwiches though, if it even is a sandwich!! The Falafel is tasty and smells lovely as it's cooking. I'd love to try it in a bread bun or some other reliable bread product so I can enjoy it more. JD has suggested we have them in wraps sometime which sounds good.

Ratings: JD - 2/5 Emma 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button