Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sandwich Saturday 2 - BLT

JD's decided we should work through the book starting with the first sandwich (and it is his book, technically) so this week's sandwich is a classic bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich known as a BLT.

I've never had one because I don't really like tomatoes and usually settle for a BL instead. I'm up for giving it a try today though!

Ingredients: bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise and bread

The recipe said white bread was the best to use but we rebelled and used brown as we both prefer it (or at least enjoy the smug healthy feeling eating brown bread gives us).



Spread mayonnaise on the slices of bread and then cover one with a layer of lettuce. Add bacon next and then finish with tomato.


Top with the other slice of bread, that's how a sandwich works. I don't get how open sandwiches can even be called sandwiches at all, somebody should complain!! Cut it in half and pause to admire how delicious it looks.


Now eat it :D

I was surprised how enjoyable the bacon and tomato tasted together. Tomato has a sweetness to it that compliments bacon really well. No wonder it's a classic sandwich combo. If the tomato seeds hadn't dripped onto my hand while I was eating my sandwich it'd get a 4 maybe. JD commented that it tasted like a professionally made BLT you get in restaurants.

Ratings: JD - 4/5 Emma - 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

// following script until attribution comment is to add pinterest button